The Korea Institute at Harvard University promotes the study of Korea and brings together faculty, students, distinguished scholars, and visitors to create a leading Korean studies community at Harvard.
Harvard University is one of the world’s leading centers for the study of Korea, and through the Korea Institute, Harvard offers exceptional resources for undergraduate students to study Korea. On campus in Cambridge, students take courses on Korea and choose from a wide array of Korea-related activities through student groups, seminars, and programs. Students may also participate in study and work abroad opportunities in Korea through programs such as the Harvard Summer School — Korea, study abroad at Korean universities, and the Korea Institute Internship Program.
This year Harvard College students will:
• Undertake study abroad programs in Korea
• Hold internships in Seoul
• Conduct senior thesis research in Korea
• Learn the Korean language
• Attend student conferences
• Develop independent study programs and pursue related activities in Korea
For more information on the Korea Institute and a full list of this year’s Korea program awardees and participants.