The Harvard University Health Services (HUHS) has received another supply of flu vaccine and will resume scheduled flu vaccination clinics on Tuesdays and Thursdays from noon to 3 p.m. Tuesday clinics will be held in the Monks Library on the second floor of HUHS in Holyoke Center. Thursday clinics will be held on the fourth floor in the Wacker conference room, also in Holyoke Center. These clinics are open to both high-risk individuals and any individual in the Harvard community who wishes to be vaccinated against the flu. Those attending the clinics will be asked to present their Harvard ID. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines, the following individuals are considered high risk:
- All persons ages 65 or older
- Residents of long-term-care facilities
- Persons ages 2-64 years with medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, asthma, etc.
- Pregnant women
- Health care personnel who provide direct patient care
- Household contacts and out-of-home caregivers of children younger than 6 monthsIf you are unable to attend one of these clinics and are considered high risk, contact your primary care clinician team to schedule an appointment. If you have any questions or concerns, contact primary care or call (617) 998-HUHS. Call the flu information line at (617) 496-2288 prior to attending a clinic.