Ca. June 1961 – Harvard announces that its new office building and health center on Mount Auburn St. will bear the name Holyoke Center, in honor of Edward Holyoke, Harvard’s ninth President.
June 29, 1962 – Toting some 3,000 pounds of music, supplies, and instruments, the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra and HRO Conductor Michael C. Senturia ’58 arrive in Mexico City for a 59-day cultural-exchange concert tour of Mexico.
Early June 1970 – The newly formed group Peace Action at Harvard sends out 55,000 letters to College alumni and Radcliffe holders of Harvard degrees (Classes since 1963) as part of a campaign to raise $100,000 for nationwide efforts to end the Vietnam War.
June 10, 1970 – The Law School dedicates its recently completed classroom and office building as Roscoe Pound Hall, in honor of the late Law School Dean (1916-1936) and University Professor.
June 20, 1970 – At 2 a.m., Harvard switches from its old manual-switchboard telephone system to a new $10.5 million automated Centrex system.
June 21, 1971 – In the basement of the Memorial Church, the Harvard Yard Day Care Center opens, ready to serve about 25 children.
– From the Harvard Historical Calendar, a database compiled by Marvin Hightower