For the past 25 years, Phillips Brooks House has collected gifts and donations during the holiday season for several community-based programs in Cambridge, Somerville, and Boston. This holiday season, the House is launching a virtual giving drive to serve a wider variety of community needs during the winter months.
More than 40 Harvard-based departments and programs have generously supported Harvard’s holiday giving efforts. Major collaborators and supporters of this program include Harvard Medical School, Memorial Church, Harvard Libraries, Office for the Arts at Harvard, and the Harvard University Retirees Association.
Community partners have a wide range of needs including books, sports equipment, games, toys, art supplies, toiletries, warm winter clothing, and canned food. For those who wish to support this effort, visit the links below:
- Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program — Winter clothing
- Cambridge Community Center — sports equipment, art supplies
- Cradles to Crayons — Children’s winter clothing
- East End House — Games, toys, art supplies
- Fidelity House — Games, toys, sports equipment
- Harvard Square Homeless Shelter — Winter clothing, toiletries, food storage
- Jackson Mann Community Center — Games, toys, art supplies
- Y2Y Harvard Square (Youth shelter) — Winter clothing, toiletries, food
- YWCA of Cambridge — Toys, winter clothing, bedding
Please note that all purchases will be shipped directly to partner sites.
For more information about Harvard’s holiday giving efforts, contact Travis Lovett at firstname.lastname@example.org.