Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) helped welcome more than 750 reporters, editors, and news producers to Boston for the Association of Health Care Journalists’ annual conference, held March 14-17, 2013. HSPH co-sponsored the event, which offered skill-building workshops as well as presentations by HSPH researchers and others on a variety of current health care topics.
HSPH panelists included:
- K. “Vish” Viswanath, associate professor of social and behavioral sciences, who spoke about making online health information more accessible to everyone;
- Karen Joynt, instructor in the Department of Health Policy and Management, who spoke about the cost of hospital readmissions on local hospitals;
- Cassandra Okechukwu, assistant professor of social and behavioral sciences, who spoke about workplace determinants of health;
- Lucian Leape, adjunct professor of health policy, and David Bates, professor in the Department of Health Policy and Management, who spoke about addressing medical errors; and
- James Ware, Frederick Mosteller professor of biostatistics and associate dean for clinical and translational science, who spoke on a panel about interpreting clinical studies.