The Harvard Innovation Labs has opened applications for Launch Lab X GEO (LLX GEO), a virtual program designed to help early-stage Harvard alumni-led ventures grow into sustainable and disruptive businesses.
“Over the first three years of running Launch Lab X GEO, we’ve seen Harvard alumni founders make extraordinary progress on their ventures — advancing their product development, scaling their teams, growing their customer bases, and raising capital,” said Matt Segneri, Bruce and Bridgitt Evans Executive Director of the Harvard Innovation Labs. “We look forward to welcoming the next Launch Lab X GEO cohort, and providing founders with leadership development and tailored resources to get their ventures to the next stage.”
LLX GEO is open to for-profit and nonprofit Harvard alumni-founded ventures across a wide range of industries. Ventures should be at either pre-seed or seed financing stage, and working towards product-market fit.
“As Launch Lab X GEO enters its fourth year, our focus is on developing the leadership and operational skills of our founders to help them scale and build sustainable ventures,” said Thara Pillai, director of alumni engagement at the Harvard Innovation Labs. “As in past years, we anticipate receiving applications from founders all over the world who are working on compelling solutions to a broad range of challenges. When these founders come together this fall, they will learn from each other’s perspectives as they move their ventures forward.”
Ventures accepted into LLX GEO will participate in a six-month program based on five central pillars:
- Knowledge sharing — From designing a product roadmap to defining culture, the Harvard Innovation Labs will connect LLX GEO venture teams with world-class advisors.
- Founder talks — LLX GEO venture teams will learn from leaders with incredible entrepreneurial stories. These talks will feature founders across industries and backgrounds who have built and scaled successful startups.
- Leadership circles — Led by later-stage entrepreneurs and leaders within the Harvard Innovation Labs, these lightly facilitated, informal conversations allow founders to share their entrepreneurial challenges openly.
- Pitch sessions — Venture teams learn how to pitch in front of founders, investors, and peers, in both 1:1 and group environments.
- President’s Innovation Challenge: In the spring of 2022, LLX GEO ventures will participate in the Harvard President’s Innovation Challenge, competing for a portion of $100,000 in Bertarelli Foundation Prizes.
Applications for Launch Lab X GEO are open now. An information session will be held on July 14 from 9-10 a.m. ET. To learn more, visit innovationlabs.harvard.edu/launch-lab-x.