Campus & Community

Visual history of Fine Arts Library covers decades

1 min read

In preparation for the Fine Arts Library’s relocation in 2009 during the renovation of the Fogg Art Museum, the library presents “‘An Invaluable Partner …’: Eighty Years of the Fine Arts Library.” The exhibition provides a visual history of the collection — like this 1951 photo of the library reading room — from its beginnings in the 1927 Fogg building, through integration with Widener collections in 1962 and expansion into Werner Otto Hall in 1991. The exhibition is open to the public on the main floor of the library through Jan. 15. Please note that while the Fogg Museum is closed for renovation, the Fine Arts Library is accessible via 25 Prescott St. between Broadway and Harvard streets.