Sept. 1, 1922 – The Divinity School and the Andover Theological Seminary formally begin a closer affiliation under a new agreement approved in the spring.
Sept. 28, 1925 – In Sanders Theatre, John Philip Sousa and his band present an afternoon concert for the University community. Featured soloists are soprano Marjorie Moody, cornetist John Dolan, and xylophonist George Carey.
September 1947 – Interior renovations to “Harvard Crimson” offices (14 Plympton St.) near completion, thanks to a $30,000 building fund. Alterations include soundproofing and a new paint job (with blue and raspberry supplanting somber browns).
– From the Harvard Historical Calendar, a database compiled by Marvin Hightower