Sept. 1, 1922 — The Divinity School and the Andover Theological Seminary formally begin a closer affiliation under a new agreement approved in the spring.
September 1947 — Interior renovations to “Harvard Crimson” offices (14 Plympton St.) near completion, thanks to a $30,000 building fund. Alterations include soundproofing and a new paint job (with blue and raspberry supplanting somber browns).
Sept. 7, 1947 — President James Bryant Conant takes on a distinctive speaking engagement in the Bohemian Club’s redwood grove outside San Francisco. The event comes during a West Coast tour from Aug. 30 to Sept. 18.