June 1913 — Having proved itself during a five-year experimental period, the Business School emerges from the Faculty of Arts and Sciences to become an independent graduate school.
June 21, 1927 — The Fogg Museum formally opens its new quarters on Quincy St. A large-scale special-loan exhibition features the College’s early silver collection, Maya art from the Peabody Museum, illuminated manuscripts, paintings, drawings, tapestries, furniture, ivories, enamels, and other objects.
June 1940 — The Radcliffe Board of Trustees authorizes the use of Radcliffe dormitories for temporarily housing European refugee children.
June 12, 1953 — The Business School dedicates two halls: Aldrich (13 classrooms) and Kresge (dining facilities, student center, meeting rooms).
June 2, 1954 — Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie visits Harvard. Selassie signs the University guest book, visits Houghton Library to inspect rare books and manuscripts with Ethiopian connections, and takes a short tour around the University.
June 15, 1954 — The Gordon McKay Laboratory of Applied Science is dedicated.
June 22, 1957 — After a six-year break, Harvard-Yale and Oxford-Cambridge teams hold their 17th track meet at Harvard Stadium. The transatlantic track rivalry dates from 1899.
Ca. June 1961 — Harvard announces that its new office building and health center on Mount Auburn St. will bear the name Holyoke Center, in honor of Edward Holyoke, Harvard’s ninth President.