The Universitys Presidential Search Committee, comprising the six members of the Corporation other than the president along with three members of the Board of Overseers, announced the membership of both the faculty advisory group and the student advisory group for the search on Friday (May 12).
The members of the faculty advisory group are as follows:
- Lisa Berkman, Thomas D. Cabot Professor of Public Policy (Harvard School of Public Health);
- Richard Fallon, Ralph S. Tyler Jr. Professor of Constitutional Law (Harvard Law School);
- Stephen Greenblatt, John Cogan University Professor (Faculty of Arts and Sciences – English and American Literature and Language);
- Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham, Victor S. Thomas Professor of History and African and African American Studies (Faculty of Arts and Sciences – History, African and African American Studies);
- Amy Hollywood, Elizabeth H. Monrad Professor of Christian Studies (Harvard Divinity School);
- Eric Jacobsen, Sheldon Emery Professor of Chemistry (Faculty of Arts and Sciences – Chemistry and Chemical Biology);
- Alex Krieger, Professor in Practice of Urban Design (Harvard Graduate School of Design);
- Ramesh Narayan, Thomas Dudley Cabot Professor of the Natural Sciences (Faculty of Arts and Sciences – Astronomy);
- William Sahlman, Dimitri V. d’Arbeloff-MBA Class of 1955 Professor of Business Administration (Harvard Business School);
- Judith Singer, James Bryant Conant Professor of Education (Harvard Graduate School of Education);
- Robert Stavins, Albert Pratt Professor of Business and Government (Kennedy School of Government);
- Sidney Verba, Carl H. Pforzheimer University Professor and director of the University Library (Faculty of Arts and Sciences – Government), chair;
- Christopher T. Walsh, Hamilton Kuhn Professor of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology (Harvard Medical School).
The members of the student advisory group are:
- Whitney Baxter (Harvard College)
- Katherine Beck (Harvard College)
- Sarah Carter (Graduate School of Arts and Sciences)
- Liza Ching (Kennedy School of Government)
- Kerith Conron (School of Public Health)
- Emilie Dressaire (Graduate School of Arts and Sciences)
- Gillian Fell (Medical School)
- Christopher Fonzone (Law School)
- Mark McInroy (Divinity School)
- Matthew Murray (Kennedy School/Law School), chair
- Owen Patrick (Business School)
- Vivek Ramaswamy (Harvard College)
- Hanna Rodriguez-Farrar (Graduate School of Education)
- Christopher White (Design School)
“We look forward to benefiting from the thoughtful counsel of both of these groups, whose members will bring a range of helpful perspectives from across Harvard,” said James R. Houghton, senior fellow of the Harvard Corporation and chair of the search committee. “We also are embarked on a series of structured consultations with various alumni groups as well as leaders in higher education, and will be seeking input from an array of staff. Given the importance of this search to the University as a whole, we hope to hear directly from all interested members of the Harvard community, and we encourage everyone with advice to be in touch.”
Nominations and advice may be sent to the search committee, in confidence, by e-mail to email@example.com or by regular mail to the Harvard University Presidential Search Committee, Loeb House, 17 Quincy St., Cambridge, MA 02138.
Members of the community are also invited to share their views with members of the faculty and student advisory groups, who will be working with the search committee to assure broad consultation across the University.