Thursday, June 6, 2002
To accommodate the increasing number of those wishing to attend Harvard’s Commencement Exercises, the following guidelines are proposed to facilitate admission into Tercentenary Theatre on Commencement Morning:
- Degree candidates will receive a limited number of tickets to Commencement. Parents and guests of degree candidates must have tickets, which they will be required to show at the gates in order to enter Tercentenary Theatre. Seating capacity is limited; however, there is standing room on the Widener steps and at the rear and sides of the theater for viewing the exercises.Note: A ticket allows admission into the theater, but does not guarantee a seat. The sale of Commencement tickets is prohibited.
- Alumni/ae attending their major reunions (25th, 35th, 50th) will receive tickets at their reunions. Alumni/ae in classes beyond the 50th may obtain tickets from the Classes and Reunions Office, 124 Mt. Auburn St., sixth floor, Cambridge, MA 02138.
- Alumni/ae from nonmajor reunion years and their spouses are requested to view the Morning Exercises over large-screen televisions situated in the Science Center, Sanders Theatre, most of the undergraduate Houses, and professional schools. These locations provide ample seating, and tickets are not required.
- A very limited supply of tickets will be made available to all other alumni/ae on a first-come, first-served basis through the Harvard Alumni Association, 124 Mt. Auburn St., sixth floor, Cambridge, MA 02138.
The Harvard Alumni Association’s Annual Meeting convenes in Tercentenary Theatre on Commencement afternoon. All alumni and alumnae, faculty, students, parents, and guests are invited to attend and hear President Summers and the Commencement Speaker deliver their addresses. Tickets for the afternoon ceremony will be available through the Harvard Alumni Association, 124 Mt. Auburn St., sixth floor, Cambridge, MA 02138.
– Richard M. Hunt, University Marshal