June 1913 – Having proved itself during a five-year experimental period, the Business School emerges from the Faculty of Arts and Sciences to become an independent graduate school.
June 16, 1913 – The cornerstone of Widener Library is laid.
June 21, 1927 – The Fogg Museum formally opens its new quarters on Quincy St. A large-scale special-loan exhibition features the College’s early silver collection, Maya art from the Peabody Museum, illuminated manuscripts, paintings, drawings, tapestries, furniture, ivories, enamels, and other objects.
June 1940 – The Radcliffe Board of Trustees authorizes the use of Radcliffe dormitories for temporarily housing European refugee children.
June 15, 1954 – The Gordon McKay Laboratory of Applied Science is dedicated.
June 29, 1962 – Toting some 3,000 pounds of music, supplies, and instruments, the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra and HRO Conductor Michael C. Senturia ’58 arrive in Mexico City for a 59-day cultural-exchange concert tour of Mexico.
June 21, 1971 – In the basement of the Memorial Church, the Harvard Yard Day Care Center opens, ready to serve about 25 children.
n Late June 1979 – The Harvard Computing Center welcomes five members of the newly established Information-Processing and Training Center for International Economic Cooperation (IPTC) of the People’s Republic of China, who are on an information-gathering visit to similar facilities around the U.S.
June 7, 1982 – In Sanders Theatre, Kermit the Frog (of Muppets fame) addresses the Harvard-Radcliffe Class of 1982.
– From the Harvard Historical Calendar, a database compiled by Marvin Hightower