In response to a peeping incident report involving an unknown male looking into the shower stall at Dane Hall taken by the Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) on Nov. 29, HUPD would like to remind members of the University community to take the following precautions to keep yourself and your valuables safe:
- Be aware of any male loitering in the area of women’s restrooms.
- Do not prop interior or exterior doors at any time, hold an outside door open for strangers, or allow strangers to “piggyback” on your access card.
- When leaving your room, keep the door locked at all times, even if you’re going down the hall for just a few minutes.
- If at any time you observe someone acting in a suspicious manner in your building or attempting to enter residences, please call HUPD at (617) 495-1212 immediately. Suspicious behavior may include a stranger knocking on your door and asking an out-of-place question, such as “Did you lose these keys?”
- If you arrive home and it appears that entry has been made to your room, please do not enter and call HUPD immediately from a neighbor’s room. At no time should you enter the room, touch anything, or confront someone in the room or building.