- Sept. 25, 1929 – At the dedication of the Law School’s Langdell Hall, Harvard confers honorary Doctor of Laws degrees upon two legal scholars from Cambridge University: William Warwick Buckland and Percy Henry Winfield.
- September 1930 – The Class of 1934 enters with 897 members. Dunster and Lowell-the first of the seven original undergraduate Houses-are ready for occupancy.
- September 1936 – During the first two weeks of September, Harvard convenes a Tercentenary Conference of Arts and Sciences. More than 10,000 faculty members at 54 institutions nationwide are invited; over 2,000 attend. Seventy-one scholars give papers in four areas: Arts and Letters, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, and Social Sciences.
- September 1939-Spring 1942 – The Stradivarius Quartet (violinists Wolfe Wolfinsohn and Bernard Robbins; violist Marcel Dick; and cellist Iwan d’Archambeau) serves as Harvard’s first resident string quartet.
– From the Harvard Historical Calendar, a database compiled by Marvin Hightower