Can I submit my event to the Harvard Gazette?
- Events on campus sponsored by the University, its Schools, departments, centers, organizations, and its recognized student groups will be published.
- Local events involving faculty and recognized University organizations will be published in most cases, though rarely featured.
- Unaffiliated local events may be considered for the calendar on a case-by-case basis, but are never featured.
Instructions for Event SubmissionWe want your events to be as accurate and accessible as possible to ensure maximum attendance. Please consult the following instructions to ensure your event can be approved as quickly as possible.
- Gazette Classification: You must choose at least one type of event under 'Gazette Classification', but you may check all that apply.
- Bulk Event Submission: If you have at least 20 events to submit, see our guidelines for bulk calendar submissions.
- Photos: You may upload a photo to accompany your event submission. The ‘Event image’ acts as a thumbnail, and the ‘Detail image’ is the full size image. Photos that do not meet these requirements will not be used:
- Event image (thumbnail): Preferably 140px x 140px; minimum 70px x 70px: resolution: 72 dpi
- Detail image (full-size image): 6w x 4h ratio; minimum 600px x 400px; No dimension larger than 1200px: resolution: 72 dpi
- Repeating Events: Do not use the "Specify end" field to indicate that an event will repeat. This sets the duration, which the calendar registers as the length of an individual event. Duration should almost never be longer than 24 hours. If an event is submitted with an excessive duration (e.g. 60 days), the event will be deleted and the contact person notified to resubmit. To make an event repeat, use the 'Repeat' dropdown menu:
- For events that repeat 7 days a week, select 'Daily' from the dropdown.
- For events that repeat only on weekdays, or other non-consecutive schedules, choose Weekly from the dropdown and check off the applicable days.
- Contact: If you have any questions, updates, cancellations, etc. after you have submitted an event, please send an email to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Please note that cancelling your event via the confirmation email will not remove the event from the calendar. To remove an event from the calendar, please contact the email addresses above.