Thank you for submitting your event to the Harvard Gazette. We want your events to be accurate and accessible to ensure maximum impressions and attendance. Please consult the following instructions to ensure your event can be approved as quickly as possible. The form can be found at the bottom of this page.
Can I submit my event to the Harvard Gazette?
- Events on campus sponsored by the University, its Schools, departments, centers, organizations, and its recognized student groups will be published.
- Local events involving faculty and recognized University organizations will be published in most cases, though rarely featured.
- Unaffiliated local events may be considered for the calendar on a case-by-case basis, but are never featured.
The inclusion or exclusion of any event is at the sole discretion of the Harvard Gazette.
- Bulk Event Submission: If you have at least 20 events to submit, see our guidelines for bulk calendar submissions.
- Gazette Classification: You must choose at least one type of event under ‘Gazette Classification’ but you may check all that apply.
- Photos: You may upload a photo to accompany your event submission. The ‘Event image’ acts as a thumbnail, and the ‘Detail image’ is the full size image. Photos that do not meet these requirements will not be used:
- Event image: min. 90 x 90px / pref. 140 x 140px; res: 72 dpi
- Detail image: min. 600 w x 400 h px / max. 900 x 600px; res: 72 dpi
- Repeating Events: Do not use the “Specify end” field to indicate that an event will repeat. This will set the duration, which the calendar registers as the length of an individual event. Duration should almost never be longer than 24 hours. If an event is submitted with an excessive duration (e.g. 60 days), the event will be deleted and the contact person notified to resubmit. To make an event repeat, use the ‘Repeat’ dropdown menu:
- For events that repeat 7 days a week, select ‘Daily’ from the dropdown.
- For events that repeat only on weekdays, or other non-consecutive schedules, choose Weekly from the dropdown and check off the applicable days.
- Contact: If you have any questions, updates, cancellations, etc. after you have submitted an event, please send an email to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that cancelling your event via the confirmation email will not remove the event from the calendar. To remove an event from the calendar, please contact the email addresses above.